Visual Studio – Price, Learning and Sources
What is Visual Studio
Microsoft Visual Studio is an integrated development environment (IDE) from Microsoft. It is used to develop computer programs for Microsoft Windows, as well as web sites, web apps, web services and mobile apps.
What is Visual Studio community?
Visual Studio Community 2015 with Update 3 is a free, fully featured, and extensible IDE for individual developers, open source projects, academic research, education, and small professional teams. Create applications for Windows, Android, and iOS as well as web applications and cloud services.
Working with Projects and Solutions
To create a new project
- On the File menu, point to New, and then click Project….
- In the Project Types area, click Win32,and then, in the Visual Studio installed templates pane, click Win32 Console Application.
- Type game as the project name.When you create a new project, Visual Studio puts the project in a solution. Accept the default name for the solution, which by default is the same name as the project.You can accept the default location, type a different location, or browse to a directory where you want to save the project.Press OK to start the Win32 Application Wizard.
- On the Overview page of the Win32 Application Wizard dialog box, press Next.
- On the Application Settings page under Application type, select Console Application. Select the Empty Project setting under Additional options and click Finish.You now have a project without source code files.
Visual Studio Learning and Training
Learn Visual Studio for free with Microsoft on-demand classes. Take one or all of demo-rich Visual Studio courses and learn how to use MS Visual Studio to build Windows Store apps, desktop apps, mobile apps, ASP.NET web apps, and XML web services. Learn more from Microsoft Website.
Learning Visual Basic .NET – Training DVD
On Amazon DVDs are available
Can I use Visual Studio on a Mac?
No. Neither Visual Studio or the .NET framework will run on Mac OSX (although the latter is changing). However, if you want to write an application in a similar framework, you could use Mono and MonoDevelop. There is no native version ofVisual Studio for Mac OS X. Mono is a free and open source project led by Xamarin, a subsidiary of Microsoft (formerly by Novell and originally by Ximian) to create an Ecma standard-compliant, .NET Framework-compatible set of tools including, among others, a C# compiler and a Common Language Runtime. A book on Mono is available on Amazon.
Official Website of Microsoft Visual Studio